The world moves fast, very fast. We’d better keep up if we want to stay relevant in the market; Especially for us young people and young entrepreneurs. This means using the tools at our disposal effectivele and smartly to be more productive and stop looking for excuses.
On November 30, 2022, a text-based general-purpose AI model called ChatGPT was made public for free by OpenAI, a U.S. artificial intelligence research lab consisting of for-profit company OpenAI LP and its parent company, non-profit OpenAI Inc.
Some users in certain regions, like in DRC for example, reported that the said website informs them that ChatGPT is not accessible in their region. Here’s the solution: use a VPN and it will work. Personally, I recommend using Cloudflare’s VPN called 126.96.36.199 (yes, that’s its actual name), and you can download it from this site: https://188.8.131.52/ (and yes, that’s the full site address. Do not add .com or anything else. Simply: https://184.108.40.206/), or just click on the damn thing already 🙄.
ChatGPT, in its current form, is a research preview meant to help them collect enough data and user feedback to help them refine future versions of the model. As they mention on the website: “The ChatGPT release of December 15 is a free search preview. Our goal is to make AI systems more natural and safer. Your feedback will help us improve. ” … for instance ChatGPT-4, which is meant to release in sprind of this year, and that is said to be more than 100 times better than ChatGPT.
OpenAI introduced ChatGPT (Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer) as a chatbot in November 2022. It is built on top of OpenAI’s GPT-3.5 family of large language models, and it has been enhanced using supervised and reinforcement learning methods. Basically, it cannot spit our profanities or it cannot teach you how to make a bomb, duh!
Of course, ChatGPT has many advantages, but, like any good thing, it has its flows. Towards the end of the article, I will point out some limitations and disadvantages that it comes with.Askas Jeremy
And yes, you can use ChatGPT in French, Mandarin and a dozen other languages. As I said, he/she knows almost everything. But you will get better results by asking your questions in English.
🤔 Come to think of it, if ChatGPT were a girl, she would be very beautiful! 😊
1. Who is ChatGPT for?
As mentioned above, ChatGPT is a general-purpose AI model; It can be used by virtually anyone from any field: IT, gastronomy, agriculture, social sciences, research, hotel services, customer support, etc, even scammers use it to scam better and easier.. very handy tool, indeed 😃
It can help anyone to produce a list of outline points on any topic, or write articles, or project templates, or get inspired, etc. – you are limited by your own imagination. However, there are some limitations to what the model can do, which I will mention later in the article.
2. What is ChatGPT used for?
If you’re a company that wants to work 50 times faster than your competitors, here are some things ChatGPT can help you with (it doesn’t do them for you, but helps you do them yourself faster by giving you ideas… Don’t be lazy 😊):
- Write simple pieces of code, or entire applications, if you ask it nicely the right questions 🤷🏽
- Debugging/fixing pieces of code: If you encounter errors in your code but don’t know where it’s coming from, ChatGPT can help. (I’m a programmer, that’s I’m mentioning things about code, deal with it 😁)
- Write text for an entire page of a website in one fell swoop: yup! You simply tell him in summary what the page should contain and it will write all the content for you, including welcome messages, list of services with exerpts, product lists with exerpts, customer reviews, and even a call to action section; everything in one go.
- Writing blog posts: ChatGPT can write an entire blog article for you, if you are lazy, or just the outline of the article and you take care of the rest, if you still have a little humanity in you 😃
- Help you do your homework or an entire dissertation 50 times faster, for lazy students.
- Compose pieces of content for a company or individual, such as: Business Plans, Emails, Customer Support Messages, Product Descriptions, Social Media Post Captions, Project Proposals, Project Contracts, Invoices, Receipts, etc.
- Learn new things about any topic you want, in the format of a chat; But you should always fact-check what he tells you, because it can sometimes lie.
- Suggestions to increase the productivity of the company,
- Suggestions for investing in shares,
- Crypto holding strategies, etc.
3. How to access and use ChatGPT?
For now, ChatGPT is completely free to use. All you need to do is:
- Visit this website: https://chat.openai.com/chat
- Create an OpenAI account, and verify that you are not a robot, which you may be 🤔
- Accept the terms and conditions,
- When the ChatGPT page comes, read the popup that appears and click next-next-next,
- And voilà! You are in. You can type your questions in the text box below and see the magic happen.
- Don’t forget to switch the dark-mode on the bottom-left of the page, the site looks stunning 😚 in dark-mode.
4. How NOT to use ChatGPT?
As I mentioned above, ChatGPT is just a tool, nothing else.
- It can’t think,
- It knows nothing,
- It has no conscience,
- It may be wrong about certain facts,
- Don’t rely too much on it,
- Do not copy and paste the content without proofreading and modifying,
- Definitely, don’t cheat with it, if can control yourself 😊,
- Do not tell it your secrets or personal information,
- Do not give it your passwords,
- It doesn’t know you,
- It doesn’t trust you – it can’t even trust in the first place!
- It doesn’t love you, and can never do, no matter what it tells you,
- and it’s definitely not your girlfriend or boyfriend – so don’t fall in love with it. Go out and get yourself laid with a human instead, and come back here to tell me how it went 😁
5. Limitations/Cons of ChatGPT?
Unfortunately, we are still on earth, which means every beautiful thing must have limitations and disadvantages – the same goes for ChatGPT.
- ChatGPT can sometimes give false information. So, always fact-check before pasting in your work.
- Content generated by ChatGPT can be detected by Google Search and other search engines. So, always rework the content, add or remove sections… to make it your own; that is, if you don’t want your website to not be shadow-banned by search engines.
- ChatGPT will not replace Google Search, or Google Scholar, or any other search engine, no matter what the media says. Both, models like ChatGPT and search engines will co-exist. So, you should continue maintaining your website to please search engines.
- After spending sometime without accessing the open tab of ChatGPT, you need to refresh the page before using it again, if you left the browser tab open, that is.
- Due to heavy use by millions of people at once, ChatGPT can sometimes not respond at all! In fact, it crashes regularly. So, when it does, you have to refresh the page again. But don’t worry, your chats do not get lost. They are all saved automatically.
If you don’t use tools like ChatGPT to increase your productivity, don’t complain when you stay poor. Just as the calculator helped us do math faster, and just as the computer allowed us to work and communicate more efficiently, these AI tools will allow those who use them to work faster and become rich. The choice is yours.
I used ChatGPT to create a PHP min-project template that allows you to navigate all the links on the page with Ajax Calls, thus mimicking a one-page application, as with React, but this time with PHP, HTML and CSS only. I will soon publish this mini project as opensource on the GitHub page of our company Fallax Vision. So, follow our company’s social media pages to be notified when I publish it.